FAQs

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Part I: Birthday Surprises: Meeting Wynton Marsalis!

As I mentioned in an earlier blog, my birthday exceeded, in so very many ways, any expectations I could have had. 

The absolute biggest highlight of my 33rd birthday was being able to go to a performance of the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis.  Afterwards, I received the biggest surprise of all--a personal meeting with Wynton. 

I'm still, almost a month later, in complete shock that this actually happened. I am also humbled by all of the effort that went into making this possible for me and by the honor of meeting him. 

These are my two favorite pictures from the event (taken by photographers there).  I've had many, many rough days lately, and this event absolutely made my spirits soar. For those of you who are interested, I am writing about the event in full in (in different posts) and including more pictures from the very special, and unforgettable, birthday. Because I never, never want to forget how wonderful it was.


Blessings, 

Emily

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! You look radiant!