FAQs

Friday, September 06, 2013

Mini-Reunion: Hadley

Hadley Hanging Out with Twinkle Toes

I think it's time to start posting about my mini-reunions! When I decided to have these mini-reunions, I didn't strategically plan who I wanted to come visit this year. I just put the idea out into the universe, and allowed those who were willing and able to make the travel come to visit. And how wonderfully it all evolved!

My first visitor was the beautiful, brilliant, kind, sweet, lovely Hadley, who arrived at our door with a bouquet of gorgeous yellow roses and my mom sick on the sofa. :P 

Hadley and I hadn't seen each other since graduation, and here was my mom, who is never sick, unable to do anything. Hadley just went with the flow, taking care of picking up dinner, and just doing what needed to be done to help keep the house running. We felt so badly about the 'welcome', but Hadley was a trooper.

Hadley and I had mentioned getting together several times over the years, but we never got it organized. We finally got our butts kicked into gear when she decided to move across the country for a job. 


Hey, We Match! :)

Hadley is one of those people with whom I always wished I had taken more breaks from studying to nourish a friendship. Thankfully, proximity always kept us in contact through the four years--living in the same dorms freshman and sophomore year, swapping rooms the junior year when we went abroad, and living in the same apartment building senior year. Somehow, the universe made sure to keep us connected. I also always loved to visit her in the library where she worked the front desk and I'd find an excuse to take a 'study break'. :) 

Facebook has enabled us to keep in touch over the years and realize just how much we enjoy each other. Once we were together, it was as if we hadn't skipped ahead 15 years. It was easy, comfortable, authentic, honest, and fun. We kept wondering why we had waited so long to see each other.

Now she lives in Aspen. Her photos of her new home are so beautiful, that if I could fly, I'd certainly be there in a heartbeat. Instead, we'll hope Hadley makes another journey to the East Coast for a change of scenery sometime. 

Thank you for our mini-reunion, Hadley! I love you!

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: