FAQs

Monday, October 28, 2013

Creating Community


Super Women! :)

I wanted to do a little something fun for my birthday and Halloween with a group of women all my age. Before I got sick we loved having people over and hosting things. This may be the biggest event yet in 15 years!

Twelve women were here--many of them neighbors, but also other women I have been getting to know. Sarah also generously travelled to join us!


Waiting for Sarah's Chocolate Torte!


Company was here from 1:00 to 5:00 and I was able to ENJOY it fully! Thanks to all of the spouses for watching the kiddos while we women gathered for some serious chocolate indulgences.




Halloween Chex Mix (Sugar Coma?!)


We served lots and lots and lots of chocolate goodies including a torte Sarah made, chocolate chip espresso cookies, chocolate chip bars, brownie bites and even chocolate tortilla chips! We added in some Halloween themed Chex Mix and some fruit. Lots of hot tea and cider were also consumed! We managed to make everything GF and vegan.




GF, Vegan Brownie Bites


I owe an amazing amount of gratitude to my mom for making the entire party happen. She picks up, cleans up, sets up, and just keeps things running. She also helped me bake everything.



GF, Vegan Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookies


In counseling, I've continued to talk about finding meaning in my life. Something I really enjoy doing is creating a sense of community, and I've been working to understand the value that this holds. 

She said to me last week: maybe your job is simply to be a light in this town at this moment in time.



Back Row (L to R): Barb, Danielle, Anissa, Catie
Middle: Jennifer, Jeannine, Andrea, Dana
Front: Karen, Me, Sarah, Rebekah


I feel so alive this year and I wanted to celebrate it with a group of wonderful, beautiful, smart, funny, kind women who have helped me to find a new community right here in town. We all so enjoyed being together! 

Thank you Karen, Sarah, Rebekah, Jennifer, Jeannine, Andrea, Dana, Barb, Danielle, Anissa and Catie! We missed you sweet Ellen! 

Here's to 30 something! :)

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: