FAQs

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Anniversary: Sweet Sixteen


Second Ulta Trip! :)


Sweet Sixteen. Wellness within Chronic Illness. That is how I will remember this anniversary of getting sick. 

Last year, we planted a dogwood bush and two knockout rose bushes in honor of my 15 year anniversary. Last year was a pretty typical anniversary/shitiversary for me. 

This year feels a LOT different.

As I mentioned earlier in a post about my trip to Ulta, I decided that this year's celebration of life/my anniversary of getting sick was going to be more fun and carefree--treating myself to new make-up. 

On our first trip, I purchased most of the products I needed for a 'full face'--foundation, blush, mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow, pore minimizer.

Last week, we made our second trip to purchase the rest of the items for a 'full face'--highlighting pen and eyeshadow for evening.

Then, I worked with another great salesperson to purchase 'every day face' items--a tinted BB cream, bronzer and mattifier. 

While we were at Ulta Mom treated herself to getting her brows tinted. 

We had so much fun together! Normally, Mom doesn't treat herself to something like a brow tint and especially not when we are out together, because she is focused on maximizing our time out to get what I need. 

The two of us were so excited to be able to go out long enough and not have to worry that I wouldn't have energy for the outing.

It feels wonderful to sit at my new bathroom sink and put on make-up--either the every day look or the full make-up look--almost daily. I've been able to get cute clothes. I continue to paint my nails (Health, Wealth and Happiness in honor of my anniversary). 

Yes, underneath the make-up, the clothes, the painted fingernails, I'm always and still me. My soul is always Dancing Light. 

But it's dancing a lot more this year because I feel so much more a part of this world. It's not about the make-up--it's about what being able to go shopping, having energy to put on make-up, wanting to put it on, having places to go wearing and people to see when I'm wearing it, and feeling a bit of  normalcy means. I love being able to take joy in the things I've missed and always loved. I love being able to feel pretty. I love being able to feel well enough to have a reason to put on my make-up.

This is the sweetest anniversary I've had. 

Blessings,

Emily





No comments: