FAQs

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Introducing Miss Adele Chaya!



May 9, 2014
Two Weeks Old

By now, most of you have met my friend Marjie via my blog. In April, she and her husband adopted a baby girl, Adele Chaya, but because of the adoption agency's rules, they could not post, email or text any photos of Adele until the adoption was finalized in the court. 

Well, that happened TODAY!





So, I can now share one of the joys of the past six months that I've had to keep a very big secret: visiting, snuggling, and feeding Miss Adele at Marjie's house.




I've been trying to visit at least once a month so that Adele will know who I am and so that I can really see her grow. 




It's been really special to me to be a part of the adoption process with Marjie and to be a part of this experience, as I've always wanted to adopt a baby. 




Marjie has been able to realize her dream of motherhood in spite of her health challenges, and that makes it even more special.


May 28, 2014
One Month Old

I had really, really, really hoped to attend the adoption formalization today at the courthouse, but I knew that if I got up that early in the morning, I would be in debt the rest of Thanksgiving week energy-wise. It broke my heart to miss the ceremony.






Marjie describes Adele's cheeks as fluffy and delicious. And they are.

June 20, 2014
Almost Two Months Old!

And she is the curliest, bubbliest, chubby baby too.




It is surreal to go back through my photos of Miss Adele and see how much she has grown in the past six months.

July 19, 2014
Almost Three Months Old!



August 13, 2014
Three and a Half Months Old

I've been getting so much joy out of my visits with this little one, as I am sure you can tell from the pics.

Not Quite Sure of the Date!

So, I'll just let you enjoy the pics of Adele and me. 


September 28, 2014
Five Months Old
Look at My New Tricks Emily!
I Love This Age!

Polka-Dots and Leggings Just Like Mommy
October 31, 2014
And Six Months Old!



November 25, 2014
Seven Months Old 

Here are a couple from today that Marjie posted on FB of Adele's big day! It's official now. It's forever now. Adele Chaya is Marjie and Sean's baby girl for always.


Ready For Her Big Day (in Polka Dots, of Course!)


Couldn't think of a better Thanksgiving gift than this little sweet potato pie!

Can't wait for my next visit Miss Fluffy, Delicious, Curly, Bubbly Little Girl!


Blessings,

Emily










2 comments:

Lloyd said...

Wonderful- and thanks so much for posting these lovely photos of my granddaughter! Cheers & all best- Lloyd Wolf
www.lloydwolf.com

Unknown said...

How beautiful. This is a lovely tribute to Adele, Marjie and Sean. Love to all. Sharon, Lenny and Michelle